Friday, December 1, 2017

B Line Christmas Card Class at Artsy!

Hello everyone!  I would like to share some Christmas cards that I created for a class at Artsy Stamps and Paper Crafts in Loveland, Colorado.  It was a fabulous class!  I created four different cards for the students.

The first card was made using the Dream Catcher stamp HO145F:  I used Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress Inks and applied them to a blank white card using a blending tool.  Then I stamped the Pine Tree Small HO103D in several places using Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  I created the snow mound from a scrap piece of white card stock, curving the top with the scissors as I went.  The snow mound was then adhered over the sky and trees.

The Dreamer Girl was stamped onto scrap card stock, colored and cut out.  I used foam tape to adhere her to the card after I stamped White Christmas HO123B to the snow mound of the stamp.  To finish the card I added a Creative Impressions white glimmer ribbon to the left side of the card panel and one of their snowflake brads between the girl's hands.  The panel was adhered to a white card.


The following card was created using the Pinecone Duo Stamp HO130G, one of my favorite stamps!
I stamped the pine cone onto a cream card stock panel, colored it with pencils and added a red micro brad from Creative Impressions to the center of the greens.  I then stamped Holiday Wishes HO205C below the pine cone, added color around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and a blending tool, adhered the panel to a larger brown panel with a Creative Impressions brown glimmer ribbon and a bow and then to a Bo Bunny dots evergreen panel.  Finally all was adhered to a white card.

Next up is a card using the Frosty stamp HO201G.  For this card I decided to use a pre-made Bo Bunny dots powder blue card panel.  I stamped Frosty twice, once on the dots panel and once on a white card stock panel.   By doing this I could cut out the Frosty image along the far tree line, cutting off the branches for his arm and the branch tree.  By lining up the two images, I didn't have to cut around the branches.  Easy!

Pencils were used to color the children's clothes.  The entire panel was adhered to a slightly larger black panel and finally a white card.  'Tis the Season HO139B was stamped in the lower right section of the card.


The last card I call the "Polar Express" for obvious reasons.  This card is so easy to create as there is no coloring at all except for some white pen accents for "snow"  I stamped Christmas Time HO138E first with black Archival ink.  I then stamped the Train TP119C below it to the left and finally Believe HO116C along the top of the Christmas Time sign.  

I created a small snow mound from a scrap of white card stock along with a snowflake from Creative Impressions using their different sized snowflakes and a glitter brad.  I used my white pen to draw in some snow and some Stickles to add glitter.  This panel was adhered to a larger black panel,  a Bo Bunny Dots paper and finally to a white card.


I hope you have enjoyed these cards and you will try making some of them for yourself.  As you can see, they were quite easy!

Susan

3 comments :

  1. Your winter cards are always so beautiful, Susan! Lucky students!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment, Cheryl!

      Delete
  2. HI there Susan, love your winter cards, they are awesome hun. Thank you for sharing Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete